Lightkeepers Inn Motel
Terms & conditions
By making a booking with Lightkeepers Inn Motel, you accept the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
These Terms and Conditions are for bookings made either over the phone or on our website. If a booking is via a third-party (eg. Booking.com), the conditions of that booking entity will be adhered to. Please note that these may be different from the booking conditions below.
1. Non-refundable bookings include: same day booking, bookings made 48-hours before check-in date, bookings made 7-days before check-in date (peak periods only), and bookings advertised as a non-refundable booking. All other bookings are Flexible bookings.
2. Peak periods are 20 December – 30 January, Easter, Labour Day weekend, Queen’s Birthday weekend, AFL Grand Final weekend, Melbourne Cup weekend, and special events.
1. A 10% deposit is required at time of booking. The balance will be charged before arrival.
2. Payment can be made by Visa and Master Card. AMEX and Diners Card are NOT accepted. Due to COVID–19, cash is not accepted.
3. Flexible bookings: Full amount will be taken 48 hours before arrival. Please ensure that you have sufficient funds on your card to confirm the booking. Failure to secure payment may result in the booking being cancelled without notice.
4. Non-refundable bookings: Payment will be taken at time of booking.
5. Peak periods: Full amount will be taken 7 days before arrival. Please ensure that you have sufficient funds in your card to secure the booking. Failure to secure payment may result in the booking being cancelled without notice.
6. Credit card surcharge for ONE transaction is built into the room rate. Surcharge will apply to other transactions, eg, incidental costs, split payment etc.
PRE-ARRIVAL ONLINE CHECK-IN:
All guests are required to check-in online prior to their arrival.
After payment is taken, guests will receive an email to complete the pre-arrival online check-in.
As part of this process, guests are required to complete a COVID-19 declaration. This will be stored securely in our reservation system and retained for 28 days. The information may be provided to the relevant government and health authorities where necessary in the event of an outbreak.
You may also be asked to provide other ID as directed by COVID guidelines.
Guests who have paid in full and completed their online check-in can go straight to their rooms without the need to come to Reception.
A pre-authorisation amount of $150 is required for all bookings. This amount will be withheld at the same time as when the payment is taken.
If you do not have a credit card, a cash deposit of $250 is required as room security. The amount will be returned upon check-out after the room is inspected.
The pre-authorisation amount may be used to cover incidental items including but not limited to breakfast, security bond or deposit for any breakages or damage incurred during your stay, loss of income suffered by the motel, and/or extra cleaning charges in excess of the normal level of cleaning.
This amount will be voided and removed automatically within 7 business days.
1. Cancellations must be made by email to the motel.
2. Non-refundable bookings can be cancelled but NO REFUND will be made.
3. Flexible bookings: FREE cancellations up until 2 days before arrival and deposit refunded. Cancellations within 48 hours will incur 100% cancellation fee unless due to COVID lockdowns in which you are unable to travel.
4. Peak periods: FREE cancellations up until 7 days before arrival and deposit refunded. Cancellations within 7 days will incur 100% cancellation fee unless due to COVID lockdowns in which you are unable to travel.
5. No show – no refund.
6. No refund for early or unexpected departure.
7. No refund for room changes.
8. Reservations made through a Third Party Agent, eg Booking.com, Expedia, must be cancelled with the Third Party Agent. Cancellation policy and fees of the Third Party Agent applies.
9. Management reserves the right to refuse a refund.
CHANGE OF BOOKING:
1. Change of booking must be made by email to the motel.
2. All changes to bookings are subject to availability. Difference in rates will apply. Where the room rate is less than that of the original booking, no refund will be given.
3. Flexible bookings: FREE booking change up until 2 days before arrival. Changes made within 48 hours will incur a fee equal to the first night’s rate.
4. Peak periods: FREE booking change up until 7 days before arrival. Changes made within 7 days will incur a fee equal to three nights’ rate.
5. No booking change is allowed for non-refundable bookings and same day bookings.
6. Reservations made through a Third Party Agent, eg Booking.com, Expedia, must be changed with the Third Party Agent. Third Party Agent policy and fees apply.
MINIMUM NIGHT STAYS:
At various times throughout the year, the motel requires a minimum number of nights to be booked. This will be clearly advertised at the time of booking.
Guests are strongly recommended to purchase comprehensive travel insurance to cover yourself for a range of unexpected events that could happen when travelling.
1. Check in time is from 2pm on the day of arrival.
2. Check out time is 10am on the day of departure. Any late check-out without prior arrangement will incur a fee.
3. Early check-in and late check-out must be arranged 24 hours prior and are subject to availability. Fees may apply.
GROUP BOOKINGS – BY TELEPHONE ONLY:
A deposit of 50% of total accommodation rate is required at time of booking to secure the rooms. The balance will be charged 14 days before arrival.
Payment can be made by Visa, Master Card or electronic funds transfer (EFT). AMEX and Diners Card are NOT accepted. If paying by EFT, booking is not guaranteed until full payment is received.
Free booking change and cancellation up to 14 days before arrival. Booking can be changed or cancelled after that time but no refund will be provided.
NUMBER OF GUESTS:
1. The number of guests staying in any room must not exceed the maximum number of persons allowed for that room type.
2. An extra person is possible depending on the room type and is subject to availability. A fee will apply.
One complimentary car park is available for each room. Guests are responsible for the security of their car parked at the motel. Management does not accept liability for loss or damage to cars and their contents.
1. Gift vouchers are not refundable or redeemable for cash.
2. Gift vouchers are valid for 3 years from the date of issue (or any period prescribed by law).
3. Additional values cannot be added to an existing gift voucher.
4. Gift vouchers are to be treated like cash. If they are defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen, they will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed.
CLEANING & DAMAGE:
1. Rooms must be left in a tidy manner and facilities in working order. If rooms are left excessively dirty and there is damage to the room and contents, a fee will be charged to the credit card commensurate to the extra time required to clean and/or to repair the damage and loss of income suffered by the motel.
2. All rooms are non-smoking. If guests have found to have smoked in the rooms, a fee will be charged to your credit card for cleaning to remove the smell and for any loss of income as a result of being unable to sell the room due to the odour.
No pets are allowed.
BOOKINGS MADE VIA THIRD PARTIES:
All third-party bookings websites (eg. Booking.com) have their own cancellation policies. If a booking is made via a third party, the conditions of that booking entity will be adhered to. Please note that these may be different from the motel’s booking conditions.
By providing your email address, you agree to us sending you emails regarding updates and special promotional offers from time to time.
Questions? Visit our FAQ page, or call us on (03) 5289 6666.