Lightkeepers Inn Motel
Terms & conditions
We want everyone to have an enjoyable stay with us. By making a booking with Lightkeepers Inn Motel, you accept the following Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions are subject to change without notice.
1. Non-refundable bookings include: same day booking, multi-night Stay and Save, bookings made 48-hours before check-in date, bookings made 7-days before check-in date (for peak periods only), and bookings advertised as a non-refundable booking. All other bookings are Flexible bookings.
2. Peak periods:
The peak periods will change slightly each year in accordance with calendar movements. The dates shown below are a general guide only and seasonal times should be confirmed with the motel when booking.
Peak: 21st Dec- 30 Jan, Easter, Labour Day weekend, Queen’s Birthday weekend, AFL Grand Final weekend and Melbourne Cup weekend, and special events.
1. A deposit of $30 is required at time of booking. The remainder will be charged before arrival.
2. Payment can be made by Visa and Master Card. AMEX and Diners Card are NOT accepted. Due to COVID – 19, cash is not accepted from June 2020 for the foreseeable future.
3. Flexible bookings: Full amount will be taken 48 hours before arrival. Please ensure that you have sufficient funds on your card to confirm the booking. Failure to secure payment may result in the booking being cancelled without notice.
4. Non-refundable bookings: Payment will be taken at time of booking or shortly afterwards without notice. Failure to secure payment may result in the booking being cancelled without notice.
5. Peak periods: Full amount will be taken 7 days before check-in date. Please ensure that you have sufficient funds in your card to secure the booking. Failure to secure payment may result in the booking being cancelled without notice.
6. Credit card surcharge applies to transactions such as incidentals, split payment and postage etc.
GROUP BOOKINGS – BY TELEPHONE ONLY
A deposit of 50% of total accommodation rate is required at time of booking to secure the rooms. The remainder will be charged 14 days before arrival.
Payment can be made by Visa, Master Card or electronic funds transfer (EFT). AMEX and Diners Card are NOT accepted. If paying by EFT, booking is not guaranteed until full payment is received.
Free booking change and cancellation up to 14 days before arrival. Booking can be changed or cancelled after that time but no refund will be provided.
ONLINE CHECK-IN and COVID-19 DECLARATION:
All guests are required to check-in online prior to their arrival.
After the payment is taken, guests will receive an invitation to complete the pre-arrival online check-in.
As part of this process, guests are required to produce photo ID and complete an COVID-19 declaration. This will be stored securely in our reservation system and retained for 28 days. The information will be provided to the relevant government and health authorities in the event of an outbreak.
A pre-authorisation amount of $110 is required for all bookings. This amount will be withheld at the same time as when the payment is taken.
If you do not have a credit card, a cash deposit of $250 is required as room security. The amount will be returned upon check-out after the room is inspected.
The pre-authorisation amount may be used to cover incidental items including but not limited to breakfast, security bond or deposit for any breakages or damage incurred during your stay, loss of income suffered by the motel, and/or cleaning charges in excess of the normal level of cleaning.
This amount will be voided by your bank and removed automatically within 7 business days.
1. Cancellations must be made by email to the motel.
2. Non-refundable bookings can be cancelled but NO REFUND will be made.
3. Flexible bookings: FREE cancellations up until 2 days before arrival and deposit refunded. Cancellations within 48 hours will forfeit the full amount of the booking.
4. Group bookings: FREE cancellations up until 14 days before arrival and deposit refunded. Cancellations within 14 days will forfeit the full amount of the booking.
5. Peak periods: FREE cancellation up until 7 days before arrival and deposit refunded. Cancellations within 7 days will forfeit the full amount of the booking.
6. Cancellation during the stay will not receive a refund.
7. Management reserves the right to refuse a refund.
1. Change of booking must be made by email to the motel.
2. All changes to bookings are subject to availability and any difference in rate will be applied. Where the room rate is less than that of the original booking, no refund will be given.
3. Flexible bookings: FREE booking change up until 2 days before arrival. Changes made within 48 hours will forfeit the full amount of the booking..
4. Peak periods: FREE booking change up until 7 days before arrival. Changes made within 7 days will forfeit the full amount of the booking.
5. No booking change is allowed for multi-night stay and save, non-refundable bookings and same day booking.
1. No show – No refund
2. No refund for booking changes and cancellations made outside the free cancellation and modification period.
3. No refund is provided once the payment is taken.
4. No refund for non-refundable bookings.
5. No refund is given for the differences in rates when a change of booking is made.
6. No refund for early or unexpected departure.
7. No refund for room changes during stay.
8. Management reserves the right to refuse a refund.
MINIMUM NIGHT STAYS:
1. At various times throughout the year, the motel requires a minimum number of nights to be booked. This will be clearly advertised at the time of booking.
2. Reduction in number of nights stay are not possible. Guests either pay the full value of the booking or completely cancel the booking subject to the cancellation policy above.
NO-SHOWS OR TERMINATIONS:
No refund will be given if a guest does not show up for their booking or terminate their booking early after they have checked in.
Australian Consumer Law states that a contract is frustrated when it is impossible to perform or carry out a contract due to events beyond all parties’ control. In such instances, full refund will be made on the payment that has already been made. However, the law may also entitle the operator to any reasonable expenses incurred before the customer cancelled.
A contract is not frustrated if the situation means that it is only inconvenient, difficult or expensive to carry out. In this case, a guest is not entitled to a refund.
Guests are strongly recommended to purchase comprehensive travel insurance to cover items including but not limited to loss of booking amount through cancellation or unexpected events, loss or damage to personal baggage, loss of money and medical expenses.
1. Check in time is from 2pm on the day of arrival.
2. Check out time is 10am on the day of departure. Any late check-out without prior arrangement will incur a fee.
3. Early check-in and late check-out must be arranged 24 hours prior and are subject to availability. Fees may apply.
1. When checking in online, guests are asked to produce photo identification and the credit card to confirm credentials.
2. If a guest is unable to provide such identification, the booking may be cancelled, and any pre-payment made in relation to the booking will be forfeit.
NUMBER OF GUESTS:
1. The number of guests staying in any room must not exceed the maximum number of occupancies for that room type.
2. Extra person is possible depending on the room type and is subject to availability. A fee will apply.
One complimentary car park is available for each room. Guests are responsible for the security of their car parked at the motel. Management does not accept liability for loss or damage to cars and their contents.
1. Gift vouchers are not refundable or redeemable for cash.
2. Gift vouchers are valid for 3 years from the date of issue (or any period prescribed by law).
3. Additional values cannot be added to an existing gift voucher.
4. Gift vouchers are to be treated like cash. If they are defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen, they will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed.
CLEANING & DAMAGE:
1. Rooms must be left in a tidy manner and facilities in working order. If rooms are left excessively dirty and there is damage to the room and contents, a fee will be charged to the credit card commensurate to the extra time required to clean or to repair the damage and loss of income suffered by the motel.
2. All rooms are non-smoking. If guests have found to have smoked in the rooms, a fee will be charged to your credit card for cleaning to remove the smell and for any loss of income as a result of being unable to sell the room due to the smell.
No pets are allowed.
BOOKINGS MADE VIA THIRD PARTIES:
All third-party bookings websites (eg. Booking.com) have their own cancellation policies. If a booking is made via a third party, the conditions of that booking entity will be adhered to. Please note that these may be different from the motel’s booking conditions.
By providing your email address, you agree to us sending you emails regarding updates and special promotional offers from time to time.
Questions? Visit our FAQ page, or call us on (03) 5289 6666.